This salad combines Quinoa, a fantastic source of vegetarian protein, with a mix of vegetables, for an incredibly tasty and filling lunch or dinner. The vegetables in this recipe can be swapped for whatever you want – this is a great recipe for using up any vegetables you may have before they go off!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 180g quinoa, rinsed
- 300ml vegetable stock
- Mint leaves
- Cucumber, diced
- Red or yellow pepper, finely chopped
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Spring Onions
- Make up 300ml vegetable stock in boiling water.
- Cover the quinoa in the stock and leave to simmer on the hob for 10-15 minutes until fluffy and all liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile finely chop up fresh mint, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, spring onion and red pepper or whatever vegetables you have chosen to use.
4. When quinoa is cooked leave to cool, then mix in the chopped vegetables. Serve hot or cold.
Add salad and more protein like fish or chicken if you wish. This is a really versatile meal that you can adapt to your taste and serve as a main meal or side dish.
Do you like Quinoa? Will you be trying this quinoa tabouleh?